Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Lock stitch(0.01306 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Lock stitch.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Lock stitch
Lock stitch \Lock" stitch`\n.
A peculiar sort of stitch formed by the locking of two
threads together, as in the work done by some sewing
machines. See Stitch.
Stitch \Stitch\, n. [OE. stiche, AS. stice a pricking, akin to
stician to prick. See Stick, v. i.]
1. A single pass of a needle in sewing; the loop or turn of
the thread thus made.
2. A single turn of the thread round a needle in knitting; a
link, or loop, of yarn; as, to let down, or drop, a
stitch; to take up a stitch.
3. [Cf. OE. sticche, stecche, stucche, a piece, AS. stycce.
Cf. Stock.] A space of work taken up, or gone over, in a
single pass of the needle; hence, by extension, any space
passed over; distance.
You have gone a good stitch. --Bunyan.
In Syria the husbandmen go lightly over with their
plow, and take no deep stitch in making their
4. A local sharp pain; an acute pain, like the piercing of a
needle; as, a stitch in the side.
He was taken with a cold and with stitches, which
was, indeed, a pleurisy. --Bp. Burnet.
5. A contortion, or twist. [Obs.]
If you talk,
Or pull your face into a stitch again,
I shall be angry. --Marston.
6. Any least part of a fabric or dress; as, to wet every
stitch of clothes. [Colloq.]
7. A furrow. --Chapman.
8. An arrangement of stitches, or method of stitching in some
particular way or style; as, cross-stitch; herringbone
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
Chain stitch, Lock stitch. See in the Vocabulary.
Pearl stitch, or Purl stitch. See 2nd Purl, 2.