Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Gross average(0.01039 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Gross average.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Gross average
Gross \Gross\, a. [Compar. Grosser; superl. Grossest.] [F.
gros, L. grossus, perh. fr. L. crassus thick, dense, fat, E.
crass, cf. Skr. grathita tied together, wound up, hardened.
Cf. Engross, Grocer, Grogram.]
1. Great; large; bulky; fat; of huge size; excessively large.
“A gross fat man.” --Shak.
A gross body of horse under the Duke. --Milton.
2. Coarse; rough; not fine or delicate.
3. Not easily aroused or excited; not sensitive in perception
or feeling; dull; witless.
Tell her of things that no gross ear can hear.
4. Expressing, or originating in, animal or sensual
appetites; hence, coarse, vulgar, low, obscene, or impure.
The terms which are delicate in one age become gross
in the next. --Macaulay.
5. Hence: Disgusting; repulsive; highly offensive; as, a
6. Thick; dense; not attenuated; as, a gross medium.
7. Great; palpable; serious; vagrant; shameful; as, a gross
mistake; gross injustice; gross negligence.
8. Whole; entire; total; without deduction; as, the gross
sum, or gross amount, the gross weight; -- opposed to
Gross adventure (Law) the loan of money upon bottomry, i.
e., on a mortgage of a ship.
Gross average (Law), that kind of average which falls upon
the gross or entire amount of ship, cargo, and freight; --
commonly called general average. --Bouvier. --Burrill.
Gross receipts, the total of the receipts, before they are
diminished by any deduction, as for expenses; --
distinguished from net profits. --Abbott.
Gross weight the total weight of merchandise or goods,
without deduction for tare, tret, or waste; --
distinguished from neat weight, or net weight.