Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Gross adventure (0.01061 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Gross adventure.
English → English
Definition: Gross adventure
, a. [Compar. Grosser
; superl. Grossest
gros, L. grossus, perh. fr. L. crassus thick, dense, fat, E.
crass, cf. Skr. grathita tied together, wound up, hardened.
1. Great; large; bulky; fat; of huge size; excessively large.
“A gross fat man.”
A gross body of horse under the Duke. --Milton.
2. Coarse; rough; not fine or delicate.
3. Not easily aroused or excited; not sensitive in perception
or feeling; dull; witless.
Tell her of things that no gross ear can hear.
4. Expressing, or originating in, animal or sensual
appetites; hence, coarse, vulgar, low, obscene, or impure.
The terms which are delicate in one age become gross
in the next. --Macaulay.
5. Hence: Disgusting; repulsive; highly offensive; as, a
6. Thick; dense; not attenuated; as, a gross medium.
7. Great; palpable; serious; vagrant; shameful; as, a gross
mistake; gross injustice; gross negligence.
8. Whole; entire; total; without deduction; as, the gross
sum, or gross amount, the gross weight; -- opposed to
(Law) the loan of money upon bottomry, i.
e., on a mortgage of a ship.
(Law), that kind of average which falls upon
the gross or entire amount of ship, cargo, and freight; --
commonly called general average
. --Bouvier. --Burrill.
, the total of the receipts, before they are
diminished by any deduction, as for expenses; --
distinguished from net profits. --Abbott.
the total weight of merchandise or goods,
without deduction for tare, tret, or waste; --
distinguished from neat weight
, or net weight