Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Footing beam(0.01339 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Footing beam.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Footing beam
Footing \Foot"ing\, n.
1. Ground for the foot; place for the foot to rest on; firm
foundation to stand on.
In ascent, every step gained is a footing and help
to the next. --Holder.
2. Standing; position; established place; basis for
operation; permanent settlement; foothold.
As soon as he had obtained a footing at court, the
charms of his manner . . . made him a favorite.
3. Relative condition; state.
Lived on a footing of equality with nobles.
4. Tread; step; especially, measured tread.
Hark, I hear the footing of a man. --Shak.
5. The act of adding up a column of figures; the amount or
sum total of such a column.
6. The act of putting a foot to anything; also, that which is
added as a foot; as, the footing of a stocking.
7. A narrow cotton lace, without figures.
8. The finer refuse part of whale blubber, not wholly
deprived of oil. --Simmonds.
9. (Arch. & Enging.) The thickened or sloping portion of a
wall, or of an embankment at its foot.
Footing course (Arch.), one of the courses of masonry at
the foot of a wall, broader than the courses above.
To pay one's footing, to pay a fee on first doing anything,
as working at a trade or in a shop. --Wright.
Footing beam, the tie beam of a roof.