Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Flashing light(0.01299 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Flashing light.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Flashing light
Flash \Flash\, n.; pl. Flashes.
1. A sudden burst of light; a flood of light instantaneously
appearing and disappearing; a momentary blaze; as, a flash
2. A sudden and brilliant burst, as of wit or genius; a
momentary brightness or show.
The flash and outbreak of a fiery mind. --Shak.
No striking sentiment, no flash of fancy. --Wirt.
3. The time during which a flash is visible; an instant; a
very brief period.
The Persians and Macedonians had it for a flash.
4. A preparation of capsicum, burnt sugar, etc., for coloring
and giving a fictitious strength to liquors.
5. a lamp for providing intense momentary light to take a
photograph; as, to take a picture without a flash.
Syn: flashbulb, photoflash, flash lamp, flashgun.
6. Same as flashlight. [informal]
7. (Journalism) A short news item providing recently received
and usually preliminary information about an event that is
considered important enough to interrupt normal
broadcasting or other news delivery services; also called
a news flash or bulletin.
Flash light, or Flashing light, a kind of light shown by
lighthouses, produced by the revolution of reflectors, so
as to show a flash of light every few seconds, alternating
with periods of dimness. --Knight.
Flash in the pan, the flashing of the priming in the pan of
a flintlock musket without discharging the piece; hence,
sudden, spasmodic effort that accomplishes nothing.