Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Fiery cross (0.00808 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Fiery cross.
English → English
Definition: Fiery cross
(? or ?), a. [Formerly written firy, fr. fire.]
1. Consisting of, containing, or resembling, fire; as, the
fiery gulf of Etna; a fiery appearance.
And fiery billows roll below. --I. Watts.
2. Vehement; ardent; very active; impetuous.
Hath thy fiery heart so parched thine entrails?
The fiery spirit of his forefathers. --W. Irwing.
3. Passionate; easily provoked; irritable.
You know the fiery quality of the duke. --Shak.
4. Unrestrained; fierce; mettlesome; spirited.
One curbed the fiery steed. --Dryden.
5. heated by fire, or as if by fire; burning hot; parched;
The sword which is made fiery. --Hooker.
, a cross constructed of two firebrands, and
pitched upon the point of a spear; formerly in Scotland
borne by a runner as a signal for the clan to take up
arms. --Sir W. Scott.