Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Erecting shop(0.01875 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Erecting shop.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Erecting shop
Erect \E*rect"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Erected; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To raise and place in an upright or perpendicular
position; to set upright; to raise; as, to erect a pole, a
flagstaff, a monument, etc.
2. To raise, as a building; to build; to construct; as, to
erect a house or a fort; to set up; to put together the
component parts of, as of a machine.
3. To lift up; to elevate; to exalt; to magnify.
That didst his state above his hopes erect.
I, who am a party, am not to erect myself into a
4. To animate; to encourage; to cheer.
It raiseth the dropping spirit, erecting it to a
loving complaisance. --Barrow.
5. To set up as an assertion or consequence from premises, or
the like. “To erect conclusions.” --Sir T. Browne.
“Malebranche erects this proposition.” --Locke.
6. To set up or establish; to found; to form; to institute.
“To erect a new commonwealth.” --Hooker.
Erecting shop (Mach.), a place where large machines, as
engines, are put together and adjusted.
Syn: To set up; raise; elevate; construct; build; institute;