Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Elevator leg(0.01341 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Elevator leg.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Elevator leg
Elevator \El"e*va`tor\, n. [L., one who raises up, a deliverer:
cf. F. ['e]l['e]vateur.]
1. One who, or that which, raises or lifts up anything.
2. A mechanical contrivance, usually an endless belt or chain
with a series of scoops or buckets, for transferring grain
to an upper loft for storage.
3. A cage or platform (called an elevator car) and the
hoisting machinery in a hotel, warehouse, mine, etc., for
conveying persons, goods, etc., to or from different
floors or levels; -- called in England a lift; the cage
or platform itself.
4. A building for elevating, storing, and discharging, grain.
5. (Anat.) A muscle which serves to raise a part of the body,
as the leg or the eye.
6. (Surg.) An instrument for raising a depressed portion of a
7. (A["e]ronautics) A movable plane or group of planes used
to control the altitude or fore-and-aft poise or
inclination of an airship or flying machine.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
Elevator head, Elevator leg, & Elevator boot, the boxes
in which the upper pulley, belt, and lower pulley,
respectively, run in a grain elevator. [1913 Webster]
Elevator shoes, shoes having unusually thick soles and
heels, designed to make a person appear taller than he or
she actually is. [PJC]