Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Dry cup(0.00966 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Dry cup.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Dry cup
Cup \Cup\ (k[u^]p), n. [AS. cuppe, LL. cuppa cup; cf. L. cupa
tub, cask; cf. also Gr. ky`ph hut, Skr. k[=u]pa pit, hollow,
OSlav. kupa cup. Cf. Coop, Cupola, Cowl a water vessel,
and Cob, Coif, Cop.]
1. A small vessel, used commonly to drink from; as, a tin
cup, a silver cup, a wine cup; especially, in modern
times, the pottery or porcelain vessel, commonly with a
handle, used with a saucer in drinking tea, coffee, and
2. The contents of such a vessel; a cupful.
Give me a cup of sack, boy. --Shak.
3. pl. Repeated potations; social or excessive indulgence in
intoxicating drinks; revelry.
Thence from cups to civil broils. --Milton.
4. That which is to be received or indured; that which is
allotted to one; a portion.
O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass
from me. --Matt. xxvi.
5. Anything shaped like a cup; as, the cup of an acorn, or of
The cowslip's golden cup no more I see. --Shenstone.
6. (Med.) A cupping glass or other vessel or instrument used
to produce the vacuum in cupping.
Cup and ball, a familiar toy of children, having a cup on
the top of a piece of wood to which, a ball is attached by
a cord; the ball, being thrown up, is to be caught in the
cup; bilboquet. --Milman.
Cup and can, familiar companions.
Dry cup, Wet cup (Med.), a cup used for dry or wet
cupping. See under Cupping.
To be in one's cups, to be drunk.