Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Cutter head(0.01168 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Cutter head.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Cutter head
Cutter \Cut"ter\ (k[u^]t"t[~e]r), n.
1. One who cuts; as, a stone cutter; a die cutter; esp., one
who cuts out garments.
2. That which cuts; a machine or part of a machine, or a tool
or instrument used for cutting, as that part of a mower
which severs the stalk, or as a paper cutter.
3. A fore tooth; an incisor. --Ray.
(a) A boat used by ships of war.
(b) A fast sailing vessel with one mast, rigged in most
essentials like a sloop. A cutter is narrower and
deeper than a sloop of the same length, and depends
for stability on a deep keel, often heavily weighted
(c) In the United States, a sailing vessel with one mast
and a bowsprit, setting one or two headsails. In Great
Britain and Europe, a cutter sets two headsails, with
or without a bowsprit.
(d) A small armed vessel, usually a steamer, in the
revenue marine service; -- also called revenue cutter
[1913 Webster +RH]
5. A small, light one-horse sleigh.
6. An officer in the exchequer who notes by cutting on the
tallies the sums paid.
7. A ruffian; a bravo; a destroyer. [Obs.]
8. A kind of soft yellow brick, used for facework; -- so
called from the facility with which it can be cut.
Cutter bar. (Mach.)
(a) A bar which carries a cutter or cutting tool, as in a
(b) The bar to which the triangular knives of a harvester
Cutter head (Mach.), a rotating head, which itself forms a
cutter, or a rotating stock to which cutters may be
attached, as in a planing or matching machine. --Knight.