Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Collective fruit(0.01068 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Collective fruit.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Collective fruit
Collective \Col*lect"ive\, a. [L. collectivus: cf. F.
1. Formed by gathering or collecting; gathered into a mass,
sum, or body; congregated or aggregated; as, the
collective body of a nation. --Bp. Hoadley.
2. Deducing consequences; reasoning; inferring. [Obs.]
“Critical and collective reason.” --Sir T. Browne.
3. (Gram.) Expressing a collection or aggregate of
individuals, by a singular form; as, a collective name or
noun, like assembly, army, jury, etc.
4. Tending to collect; forming a collection.
Local is his throne . . . to fix a point,
A central point, collective of his sons. --Young.
5. Having plurality of origin or authority; as, in diplomacy,
a note signed by the representatives of several
governments is called a collective note.
Collective fruit (Bot.), that which is formed from a mass
of flowers, as the mulberry, pineapple, and the like; --
called also multiple fruit. --Gray.