Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Collation of seals(0.01111 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Collation of seals.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Collation of seals
Collation \Col*la"tion\, n. [OE. collacioun speech, conference,
reflection, OF. collacion, F. collation, fr. L. collatio a
bringing together, comparing, fr. collatum (used as the
supine of conferre); col- + latium (used as the supine of
ferre to bear), for tlatum. See Tolerate, v. t.]
1. The act of collating or comparing; a comparison of one
copy er thing (as of a book, or manuscript) with another
of a like kind; comparison, in general. --Pope.
2. (Print.) The gathering and examination of sheets
preparatory to binding.
3. The act of conferring or bestowing. [Obs.]
Not by the collation of the king . . . but by the
4. A conference. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
5. (Eccl. Law) The presentation of a clergyman to a benefice
by a bishop, who has it in his own gift.
(a) The act of comparing the copy of any paper with its
original to ascertain its conformity.
(b) The report of the act made by the proper officers.
7. (Scots Law) The right which an heir has of throwing the
whole heritable and movable estates of the deceased into
one mass, and sharing it equally with others who are of
the same degree of kindred.
Note: This also obtains in the civil law, and is found in the
code of Louisiana. --Bouvier.
8. (Eccles.) A collection of the Lives of the Fathers or
other devout work read daily in monasteries.
9. A light repast or luncheon; as, a cold collation; -- first
applied to the refreshment on fast days that accompanied
the reading of the collation in monasteries.
A collation of wine and sweetmeats. --Whiston.
Collation of seals (Old Law), a method of ascertaining the
genuineness of a seal by comparing it with another known
to be genuine. --Bouvier.