Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bow window (0.01105 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Bow window.
English → English
Definition: bow window
n : a window that sticks out from the outside wall of a house
[syn: bay window
English → English
Definition: Bow window
(b[=o]), n. [OE. bowe, boge, AS. boga, fr. AS.
b[=u]gan to bend; akin to D. boog, G. bogen, Icel. bogi. See
, v. t.]
1. Anything bent, or in the form of a curve, as the rainbow.
I do set my bow in the cloud. --Gen. ix. 13.
2. A weapon made of a strip of wood, or other elastic
material, with a cord connecting the two ends, by means of
which an arrow is propelled.
3. An ornamental knot, with projecting loops, formed by
doubling a ribbon or string.
4. The U-shaped piece which embraces the neck of an ox and
fastens it to the yoke.
5. (Mus.) An appliance consisting of an elastic rod, with a
number of horse hairs stretched from end to end of it,
used in playing on a stringed instrument.
6. An arcograph.
7. (Mech. & Manuf.) Any instrument consisting of an elastic
rod, with ends connected by a string, employed for giving
reciprocating motion to a drill, or for preparing and
arranging the hair, fur, etc., used by hatters.
8. (Naut.) A rude sort of quadrant formerly used for taking
the sun's altitude at sea.
9. (Saddlery) sing. or pl. Two pieces of wood which form the
arched forward part of a saddletree.
(O. Eng. Law), an under officer of the forest
who looked after trespassers.
, a drill worked by a bow and string.
(Mus.), any stringed instrument from which
the tones are produced by the bow.
(Arch.) See Bay window
To draw a long bow
, to lie; to exaggerate. [Colloq.]