Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bends of a ship(0.01026 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bends of a ship.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Bends of a ship
Bend \Bend\, n. [See Bend, v. t., and cf. Bent, n.]
1. A turn or deflection from a straight line or from the
proper direction or normal position; a curve; a crook; as,
a slight bend of the body; a bend in a road.
2. Turn; purpose; inclination; ends. [Obs.]
Farewell, poor swain; thou art not for my bend.
3. (Naut.) A knot by which one rope is fastened to another or
to an anchor, spar, or post. --Totten.
4. (Leather Trade) The best quality of sole leather; a butt.
5. (Mining) Hard, indurated clay; bind.
6. pl. (Med.) same as caisson disease. Usually referred to
as the bends.
Bends of a ship, the thickest and strongest planks in her
sides, more generally called wales. They have the beams,
knees, and foothooks bolted to them. Also, the frames or
ribs that form the ship's body from the keel to the top of
the sides; as, the midship bend.