Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Bench of bishops(0.01468 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Bench of bishops.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Bench of bishops
Bench \Bench\, n.; pl. Benches. [OE. bench, benk, AS. benc;
akin to Sw. b["a]nk, Dan b[ae]nk, Icel. bekkr, OS., D., & G.
bank. Cf. Bank, Beach.]
1. A long seat, differing from a stool in its greater length.
Mossy benches supplied the place of chairs. --Sir W.
2. A long table at which mechanics and other work; as, a
3. The seat where judges sit in court.
To pluck down justice from your awful bench. --Shak.
4. The persons who sit as judges; the court; as, the opinion
of the full bench. See King's Bench.
5. A collection or group of dogs exhibited to the public; --
so named because the animals are usually placed on benches
or raised platforms.
6. A conformation like a bench; a long stretch of flat
ground, or a kind of natural terrace, near a lake or
Bench mark (Leveling), one of a number of marks along a
line of survey, affixed to permanent objects, to show
where leveling staffs were placed. See bench mark in the
Bench of bishops, the whole body of English prelates
assembled in council.
Bench plane, any plane used by carpenters and joiners for
working a flat surface, as jack planes, long planes.
Bench show, an exhibition of dogs.
Bench table (Arch.), a projecting course at the base of a
building, or round a pillar, sufficient to form a seat.