Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Angle of elevation(0.01250 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Angle of elevation.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Angle of elevation
Elevation \El`e*va"tion\, n. [L. elevatio: cf. F.
1. The act of raising from a lower place, condition, or
quality to a higher; -- said of material things, persons,
the mind, the voice, etc.; as, the elevation of grain;
elevation to a throne; elevation of mind, thoughts, or
2. Condition of being elevated; height; exaltation. “Degrees
of elevation above us.” --Locke.
His style . . . wanted a little elevation. --Sir H.
3. That which is raised up or elevated; an elevated place or
station; as, an elevation of the ground; a hill.
4. (Astron.) The distance of a celestial object above the
horizon, or the arc of a vertical circle intercepted
between it and the horizon; altitude; as, the elevation of
the pole, or of a star.
5. (Dialing) The angle which the style makes with the
6. (Gunnery) The movement of the axis of a piece in a
vertical plane; also, the angle of elevation, that is, the
angle between the axis of the piece and the line o? sight;
-- distinguished from direction.
7. (Drawing) A geometrical projection of a building, or other
object, on a plane perpendicular to the horizon;
orthographic projection on a vertical plane; -- called by
the ancients the orthography.
Angle of elevation (Geodesy), the angle which an ascending
line makes with a horizontal plane.
Elevation of the host (R. C. Ch.), that part of the Mass in
which the priest raises the host above his head for the
people to adore.