Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Angle of declination(0.01040 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Angle of declination.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Angle of declination
Declination \Dec`li*na"tion\, n. [L. declinatio a bending aside,
an avoiding: cf. F. d['e]clination a decadence. See
1. The act or state of bending downward; inclination; as,
declination of the head.
2. The act or state of falling off or declining from
excellence or perfection; deterioration; decay; decline.
“The declination of monarchy.” --Bacon.
Summer . . . is not looked on as a time
Of declination or decay. --Waller.
3. The act of deviating or turning aside; oblique motion;
The declination of atoms in their descent.
Every declination and violation of the rules.
4. The act or state of declining or refusing; withdrawal;
The queen's declination from marriage. --Stow.
5. (Astron.) The angular distance of any object from the
celestial equator, either northward or southward.
6. (Dialing) The arc of the horizon, contained between the
vertical plane and the prime vertical circle, if reckoned
from the east or west, or between the meridian and the
plane, reckoned from the north or south.
7. (Gram.) The act of inflecting a word; declension. See
Decline, v. t., 4.
Angle of declination, the angle made by a descending line,
or plane, with a horizontal plane.
Circle of declination, a circle parallel to the celestial
Declination compass (Physics), a compass arranged for
finding the declination of the magnetic needle.
Declination of the compass or Declination of the needle,
the horizontal angle which the magnetic needle makes with
the true north-and-south line.